SLIDER

Bunny Swing Coat - Pattern by Heidi & Finn

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

Happy Wednesday!

This post comes with a warning: Picture Overload. Although, if you've been reading here for a little while, you'll know most of my posts should come with that warning. I'm a visual person, so that is just what you'll get here. I also like to talk, soo....


I mentioned I've been doing a lot of pattern testing lately, and this is another one that I am SO excited to show you! :)

This coat had me at "bunny ears". I may have squelched a squeal when I got the email that I was in the testing group...

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

The Heidi & Finn Chic Cocktail Swing Coat pattern has been completely re-done, and it is full of options and cuteness. It was re-released yesterday and you can go here to purchase your own! AND, it is on SALE for one week only! The price is $4.50, such a great deal!!

 The options include, collar, hood, 3 ear options (bunny, bear, mouse), no ears. You can also play with the buttons to create your own desired look. It comes in sizes 12mo - 12yr, talk about a huge size range! It comes in 2 parts, 12mo-5yr, and 6yr-12yr. Each are available for purchase separately.

The coat is designed to be loose-fitting and this leaves you with lots of options. You could use thicker fabrics, such as wool, and coatings for the outer, and warmer fabrics, like flannel and minky for the lining. And when made with lighter fabrics like this, it works really well for layering! In these photos she is wearing a long sleeved tee and a sweater under it.

Not to mention that it will fit for more than a season. Yay!

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

I have been wanting to make a bunny eared coat for O for a little while now, and I was so excited to be able to be a tester for this pattern and fulfill that desire.

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

Not to mention, this is JUST in time for Easter! (Yes, it will totally be part of her Easter outfit!)

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

The first time she tried on the hood, she squealed "bunnyyyy!!" and hopped around chanting, "hop, hop, hop,". I love that she loves it!

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!
She turned the pout face on, really not sure why? :)

Let's talk fabric, shall we? I had an idea as to what I wanted when I headed to Joann: tan with a floral lining... I found a few tans that would have worked well but when I held them up to O, with her blonde hair and coloring it made her look, well, a little green! So I nixed the tan idea and went on a hunt for a floral.

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

I found a GORGEOUS Lisette Sateen floral that I immediately knew I had to have for the lining.

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

For the outer fabric I ended up going with this fabulous blue. It is a home dec and the weight of it worked great, especially paired with the sateen. It seriously sewed up like a dream.

Here's a close-up of the "hardware", Christine suggests using a sew-in snap to keep the front from sagging. It works perfectly.

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

My only "regret" now is that I didn't make it reversible (which is also an option!), because I love, love, love, that floral so much!

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

But I do love how it peeps out at the sleeve cuffs and the hood.

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

For the bunny ears, I lined them with a pale pink flannel I had in my stash.

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

I brought my "Camera 2" along to this photo shoot :)


I got paparazzied. (As did a passer-by, the resulting photo was so so hilarious!)


And ended up with lots of shots like this. It's like he knows how much I love details :)He had so much fun and it kept him close-by and occupied. Win, win!


Just a couple more.

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

AH! I love those bunny ears!

Bunny Swing Coat for Easter!

Details:
Pattern: Heidi & Finn Chic Cocktail Swing Coat (ON SALE this week only and only on Craftsy!!)
Size Sewn: 2T for my 2 1/2 year old
Lining fabric: Lisette from Joann
Outer: Home Dec from Joann
Buttons: Joann
Changes made to the pattern: None

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments

  1. so spring-y! I love the pairing of fabrics. she looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee! I'm so ready for spring, I have a theory, if we dress in the right colors it will come... ;)

      Delete
  2. I love the fabrics as well, definitely screams spring! And those bunny ears are just too cute! And the paparazzi is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Spring is on my brain, I can't sew anything that's not springy and summery right now, lol :) Oh man, E had a BLAST with the camera, it will be the new normal for sure :)

      Delete
  3. I love everything about this...the lining, the matching shoes...such a perfect color palette! It makes me sad that I am staring at 15cm of snow that just fell this morning here :( when will spring come??? super job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I know, even here in the south, spring absolutely cannot make up it's mind. It just needs to come and STAY already!!

      Delete
  4. I love everything about this! And darling pictures! My little girl is obsessed with bunnies this year. I'm off to check out the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you!! Yes! This pattern would be perfect for her! :)

      Delete
  5. What a cute little bunny :) Love this jacket Heidi, just love it :) Such gorgeous fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenya! I wish I would have got her on video hopping around :)

      Delete

Jump in the conversation! Leave some comment love...

© Handmade Frenzy • Theme by Maira G.